- Are you tired of participatory art’s value being measured by social impact?
- Are you excited by the idea of exploring the aesthetic experience of taking part?
- Especially if we’ll be ‘doing’ participation rather than just talking about it?
We would like to invite you to participate in a conversation, but one which is not exclusively verbal, about the value, meaning and experience of participatory practice. This two-day event will take a practice-as-research approach and offer a range of talks, provocations, dialogue, workshops and performances, all contributed by you, us, and other participants. We are aiming for a diverse, interdisciplinary group that includes artists, postgrads, audiences, academics, and anyone interested in participation.
The Forum will be on the 7th and 8th of May and the programme will also include:
- A keynote do-er: Tassos Stevens (director of Coney)
- A keynote responder: Gareth White (Reader in Theatre and Performance at Central School of Speech and Drama)
Sound interesting? Download the Call for Participation here!
Proposal submissions are due on the 16th of March.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Astrid Breel, Hannah Newman and Robbie Wilson